We believe that children are an ESSENTIAL part of the family of Christ!
Downriver Children's Team exists to help children REALIZE their need for Jesus, motivate children to RESPOND to the call of Christ in their lives, and to bring RESTORATION within the lives of these children as they learn to live out relationships that honor God and grow His church.
At Downriver Church we focus on:
- All teachers for our children's classes are background checked to ensure safety.
- There are always multiple adults in the children's areas. No one is alone.
- Our sign-in/sign-out system ensures that children may only be released to the adult(s) with which they came.
- Teaching within the children's classes is directly pulled from the teaching in the adult services. This allows for further discussion and expansion at home.
- Our events are focused on providing opportunities for involvement of all ages.
- We believe that the Bible is God-breathed and useful for all teaching.
- All of our lessons will be focused around a verse (or passage) from the Bible.
What to expect:
- Families will check their children with one of our background-checked volunteers. Each child will be given a name tag with corresponding label for the parent to use in order to pick-up the child.
- Classes will be structured similarly for all ages, this smoothing transitions between classes for children and teachers.
- In an effort to simplify life for children with allergies, we will only serve Goldfish crackers as the snacks in our classrooms.
- You will be contacted by text message on the phone number that is registered with your child(ren), should a need arise during service.
God is passionately in love with His children, young and old. He deeply desires a right relationship with EACH and EVERY person! We are honed to be sharing this joy with your family. Thank you for joining us on this journey.